The multimedia video showcase is a forum that features viewing of multimedia used in SBCC or EE programs. Media include film, television, vine videos, mobile platforms, animation, comics, transmedia and interactive websites. Live performance or theater will also be considered. Rather than panel presentations, sessions should be designed to offer the audience the opportunity to view the featured product and provide a 1-2 minute introduction. Supporting materials, such as a factsheet or brochure are encouraged to provide additional information that cannot be covered in the introduction. Submissions must include a link to the featured media. All submissions should be dubbed or sub titled if audio is in a language other than English.
Submissions for the Multi-Media Video Showcase should exemplify the diversity, the power, and the impact of education entertainment.
Abstracts for Multimedia Video Showcase have the option to be submitted under:
- Theme 1: What Works?
- Theme 2: Making Sense of the Field Now
- Theme 3: Voice and Agenda Setting
Read more about the themes here.
Following is a suggested structure for MULTIMEDIA SHOWCASE abstracts
Name of Multimedia to be shared
Authors and affiliation (highlight the author for correspondence)
Description of Multimedia
Discussion/Implications for the Field
Multimedia Showcase abstracts should be developed to fulfill the Five General Criteria that apply to all conference submissions:
- Relevance to SBCC and EE programs, and importance to the field
- Importance of the issue or problem addressed
- Clarity of content
- Soundness of the conclusions
- Alignment with conference themes
In addition, Multimedia abstracts should be written to fulfill these additional criteria:
- Degree to which they highlight the importance and elevate the visibility of SBCC and EE
- Degree to which they support SBCC’s and EE’s contributions to positive outcomes
- Quality and creativity of feature