New Summit Dates Announced

March 12, 2020

Let us begin by thanking you again for your understanding regarding the postponement of the 2020 International SBCC Summit in Marrakech, Morocco. We are so grateful to you all for your overwhelmingly positive support of this decision.

Since our announcement last week, we've been working diligently with our contacts in Marrakech to shift our venue booking and hotel reservations to an alternative date. Based on the availability of the Palais des Congrès venue, we have been able to lock in October 19-23, 2020 as the new dates for the Summit. The Mövenpick, along with the other hotels, have been very helpful in accommodating this shift and we are appreciative of their ability to prioritize our event in October.

Below is some additional logistical information to ensure your planning for the new dates proceeds smoothly: 


  • If you booked your hotel through the Summit website, your reservation will be automatically transferred over to the new dates. You or whoever in your organization made the payment should receive confirmation of this change by email by March 25. If you do not receive a confirmation by then, please let us know by contacting and we will follow up.
  • If you made the booking outside of the Summit website, you will need to rebook the reservation yourself. We trust the Summit's postponement notification will help to justify the shift should it be needed.


  • Your existing registration will be automatically transferred to the new dates. In the event you cannot attend on these new dates, we are unable to provide a refund, but invite you to transfer your registration to a colleague. Please see the Frequently Asked Questions on the Summit website on how to do this. 


  • We are hopeful that you will be able to easily shift your airline reservations to the new dates. It is important to rebook your initial plane tickets prior to your intended date of departure. Please connect with your travel agent as soon as you can. In doing some quick checking on the new dates, it appears some flights are coming in at lower prices. 
  • Again, we encourage you to consider travel insurance as you make new reservations based on your situation and the available options. 
  • We do understand that there may be some expenses incurred that are non-refundable, such as visas. We sincerely regret this inconvenience. 


  • We will continue to be in touch as the Secretariat, International Steering Committee, our subcommittees and the National Subcommittee in Morocco work to shift toward the October date. We are working on a process to confirm with registered participants and presenters their intention and availability to attend.
  • Many of the questions we've received have been posted in the Frequently Asked Questions page on the Summit website. Please check that page first; if your question remains unanswered, the email is available for further questions.

We recognize that in the context of the uncharted territory of COVID-19 there is still a possibility that the dates would need to shift again. At this point, though, we believe we are all best served by planning for these new dates. We will, along with the rest of you, be monitoring the situation closely and will continue to consult with the Moroccan government and follow their national guidance as planning moves forward.

We've also been thinking about how we might come together virtually as a community the week we would have been together in Marrakech. To this end, we are planning two webinars connecting the current COVID-19 situation to some of our Summit themes. 

Please save the dates:

Tuesday, March 31, 7:30 – 8:45 am EDT

Thursday, April 2, 7:30 – 8:45 am EDT

We'll send out additional information on these shortly and will record the sessions for those of you who can't join in at these times.

Thank you once again for your understanding, your support and for being part of this amazing SBCC community. We look forward to seeing all of you in Marrakech in October!