Oral Presentation Guidelines
All abstracts that have been accepted have been assigned to a particular technical session or pre-formed panel. To view which panel your abstract has been assigned to, please go to the summit program page after March 9.
One hour and fifteen minutes will be allotted to each technical session and pre-formed panel.
For those panels with three (3) abstracts, a maximum of 18-20 minutes will be allotted to each oral presentation.
For those panels with four (4) abstracts, a maximum of 10-12 minutes will be allotted to each oral presentation.
For those panels with five (5) abstracts, a maximum of 8-10 minutes will be allotted for each oral presentation.
Fifteen minutes will be allotted for questions and answers. A moderator will be assigned to each session; that person will be responsible for enforcing time limits. All presenters are expected to respect these limits and to rehearse their presentation to ensure that they fit the time allotted.
Tips for Preparing your Presentation
- Show up to the room venue at least 15 minutes early to ensure your presentation is set up and displaying properly (including any online or audio components) so the session can begin on time.
- A laptop connected to a projector with wireless and audio capability will be available in each meeting room. Plan to upload any slides or audiovisual files you will use to that laptop using a flash drive or from an online source prior to the start of the session.
- Your presentation should follow the outline of your abstract (Background, Methods, Results and Discussion).
- Use consistent font styles and sizes throughout your presentation. Make sure you choose a style and font size that can be read clearly from far away.
- Add additional graphics or images to emphasize the key points in your presentation.
- Try to avoid the use of too many acronyms and spell out any you do use the first time it appears.
- In your presentation, try to indicate how your work relates to the main conference themes.
- As a courtesy to your fellow presenters, practice your presentation to ensure that you can finish within the allotted time.